Thursday, February 18, 2021

Storing Overflow Books

My overflow collection of books, and how I store them.

Let me start off by saying how lucky I am that I have more people leave books than take them, despite books leaving my book exchange every week. I have a box of books in my closet that have not left my library for a while, ready for my next Little Free Library hunting trip. I have only been visiting my local area lately, with COVID so I have not been visiting and sharing books as much. occationally I would visit areas that need books, and fill up other steward's libraries

Generally I let books circulate in and out of my book exchange a few times before passing it along to another front yard libraries.

The tall skinny bookshelf on the left I keep children's chapter books. On the bigger book shelves on the right I keep other books. Bottom shelves, children's picture books, middle shelves adult novels and other adult books. The top shelves I organize by months. Jan/Feb slot has Black Lives Matter, Valentines Day books and Winnie the Pooh Day books. March/ April slot I have Pi Day books, Easter books, and gardening books.

No comments:

Post a Comment